Funky Giraffe Clothing Range
I’m one of those parents who loves to bring out the mini fashionista in my child. A super star style icon in the making. In my mind, there’s nothing more adorable than dressing your child up in a smart little outfit, or a cute pair of leggings with matching accessories. As a result, I’m always on the lookout for new style ideas. So when the Funky Giraffe team asked me to review their BRAND NEW Funky Giraffe clothing range (only released on the website yesterday!) – I was super excited to take a look!
Due to the initial launch range only being available in size 6-12 months, we’ve enlisted the help of the gorgeous Miss E again to road test this lovely outfit.
ADVENTURESOFMUMMYANDME (&Friends) Review
Funky Giraffe’s new clothing range offers four super cool designs in bright and engaging colours. The styles are mostly unisex, though the toucans with pink trim design do lean toward a more feminine style than the others.
For this review, we chose the cutesy Funky Birds design to test out.
At first glance, we felt it would be perfect on it’s own for summer adventures. In addition, we thought it would look great being teamed up with a navy top for cooler weather. The outfits are made from the same super soft cotton materials that have made Funky Giraffe’s dribble bibs so popular. As a result, the quality in both print and design is evident as soon as you remove the packaging.
Each Funky Giraffe clothing set includes a white short-sleeved vest, teamed with patterned leggings, and a coordinating hat and dribble bib.
The leggings have both an elasticated waistband and elasticated ankles to ensure a super snug and comfortable fit all over. As a result, this makes them ideal for use with cloth nappies due to providing plenty of flexibility around the waist and bottom areas. Another benefit of the elasticated ankles is that they help to prevent riding up of the leggings either whilst crawling or when in a carrier or sling.
A noteworthy mention for those who’d like to add a bit of femininity to this outfit is that there’s an option to purchase a separate headband in the same design. Thus, giving further flexibility for girls summer and winter outfit combinations.
So What’s the Fit Like?
Overall, we found the outfit to be quite true to size. Miss is is 5 months old, and the 6-12m outfit was a tad big on her. This was particularly noticeable around the ankles and in the hat. Though the flexibility of the foldable waistband and ankle trims mean that you can very simply adjust these areas to accommodate shorter or longer babies. Consequently allowing lots of room for those seemingly out-of-nowhere growth spurts!
So What About Washing and Drying?
Much as the dribble bibs, the entire set washes really well at 40 degrees. Whilst testing, no part of the outfit showed signs of shrinkage, misshaping or colour run from washing and tumble drying. Ensuring yet another big #parentwin for us!
What’s the Cost?
These gorgeous outfits are £15 each and can be purchased from the Funky Giraffe Website.
The cute bow headband is available separately for £3.50.
We really loved the new Funky Giraffe clothing range, which made it super difficult to choose just one design to try!
As with all Funky Giraffe products, the designs are bright and colourful, and definitely different to your standard high street styles. Therefore perfect for the budding fashionistas in your life!
I love the fact that both the leggings and hat are trimmed with a solid colour. As a result, this makes it easy to team up the outfit with a plain top or jumper in the cooler months. Another great feature is the adjustable waist and ankle bands; which are really handy for offering extra longevity in this outfit. I’ve lost count of the amount of times Chase has outgrown a pair of bottoms in less than a few months!
Did you know it’s December? That means that Christmas is right around the corner! And what better way to get in the festive mood than a chance at wining an amazing prize?
The Prize – Baby’s First Christmas bundle from Funky Giraffe
- 1X Red First Christmas Stocking
- 1X Light Blue Christmas Robin Bandana Bib
- 1X Green Christmas Stockings Bandana Bib
- 1X Blue & Pink Christmas Presents Bandaba Bib
Rafflecopter not loading? CLICK HERE to enter the competition via web browser instead.
Giveaway Terms & conditions
- Closing date is 00:00 am UK time on Monday 12th December 2016
- Prize is one ‘Baby’s First Christmas Bundle’, as outlined above. In the event an item is out of stock prior to dispatch, an alternative Christmas themed item will be sent in it’s place
- This giveaway is open worldwide – adventuresofmummyandme does not take any responsibility for any changes to Funky Giraffe’s terms on delivery destinations
- Entrants must log in and follow the directions given via the Rafflecopter widget
- All entries will be verified
- The winner will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter
- The winner will be notified within 2 days of the closing date. The winner must respond within 3 days of receiving the email to claim their prize
- The prize will be dispatched directly from the brand
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the prize arrives before Christmas, adventuresofmummyandme and Funky Giraffe cannot guarantee deliveries made by 3rd party services
- The competition is not affiliated with WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social channels this link is posted on
Disclaimer: This Funky Giraffe clothing set was provided to us by Funky Giraffe in exchange for an honest review on our blog. The coordinating bow headband was purchased independently by my friend. This post was written jointly between myself and my friend as mentioned above, and all views in this review are 100% our own. Individual product photos are copyright Funky Giraffe, however all photos containing Miss E are copyright adventuresofmummyandme.com.