So I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award! Which is pretty exciting, so a massive thank you to Little Guy and I for nominating me. I have to be honest here, and admit that Little Guy and I is in fact my
better other half – if I didn’t mention it, you’d be sitting there wondering why he has lots of photos of my little man on his blog!
But regardless of that association, I fully recommend that you take a ganders at his blog; he’s a full-time stay at home Dad, which I’m really proud of, and uses his blog to document that experience. In fact he’s just about to release a post about attending Baby and Toddler groups as a Dad… So stay tuned for that one!
About The Award
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers and is designed to help new bloggers connect and engage with the blogging community. The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with less than 200 followers.
You can find out more information about the Liebster Award by clicking here.
A Bit About Me
OK, so about me. I am wife to David and Mummy to my son Chase and two fur babies Millie & Maisie. During the day I work full-time as a Product Marketing and Communications Specialist for a global technology company, and at night I am mummy, chef, family adventure seeker and blogger!
I’ve only actually been blogging as Adventures of Mummy and Me for just over a month, though it seems like much longer. Perhaps because I’ve been quite active on social media for about a year under the same name… I started out with Instagram, using as an outlet to document the daily adventures of Chase and I, and also to post photos of my allergy-friendly creations in the kitchen.
We found out quite early on that Chase was lactose intolerant, and when we started weaning, we found that actually even lactose free products in high quantities was causing him discomfort and making him unwell, so we ended up going completely dairy free. Along that journey, we also found out that he has a contact allergy to eggs, so that ruled out pretty much most things when it came to your bog-standard shop! It also made it quite difficult to eat dairy in front of him as every child always wants what you have on your plate – so my husband and I made the decision to go [mostly] dairy and egg free ourselves in order to help make mealtimes that bit easier. I say mostly, I do like my morning latte with milk, rather than soya or coconut milk!
Anyway, so here we go, 10 super random facts about me which may or may not be interesting to you!
10 Random Facts About Me
- I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 5, and it’s not by choice. I’m actually allergic to meat. Well, that’s the simple way of putting it. My body basically doesn’t produce enough of a certain protein (I can never remember what it’s called), that is needed to break down other proteins that’s found in meat and some shellfish. Which is a really fancy way of saying I can’t digest it and it makes me really ill. I’m used to it though and no I don’t miss meat as I never really got the opportunity to get to a point where I’d miss it. I do however love the smell of bacon. I think if I could eat meat, that would probably be the thing I’d miss!
- I actually fell into my marketing and communications jobs unintentionally. I’ve always had a fair for it, and did it as a hobby alongside other jobs for many years, then got offered a position in the industry and here I am.
- I actually originally wanted to work in Healthcare. Over the years I’ve studied and received qualifications in pharmacy or canada pharmacy , dispensing, HCA, health and social care, patient transport and various first aid related courses.
- I am qualified to drive and transport people in an ambulance
- My all-time favourite movies are K-PAX and Unbreakable. The amount of times I’ve told people that and they’ve responded with “Which films?”. I don’t think they were as huge blockbusters as some of the actor’s other movies were – So if you’ve never heard of them, take my word for it, they’re worth watching! My three favourite actors are also in these films, Kevin Spacey (K-PAX), Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson (Unbreakable). I also have to mention that I love Space Jam – It’s my all-time favourite family movie! What more could you ask for than Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan? Can’t wait until little man is old enough to appreciate that movie! 😀
- I’m a massive fan of the Marvel & DC Universes. And have been for about 15 years. I own pretty much every movie instalment ever created from both universes [including all three versions of the Hulk!], watch all the TV-series, and own quite a few Marvel and DC themed toys, crafts and memorabilia!
- My first pet was a 7yo Birman cat named Poppy that a family friend gave me when they relocated to Australia. I’d never been a pet person, let alone a CAT person. But I instantly fell in love with her. Since then, I’ve bought two more Birmans, Millie & Maisie, and can hand on heart say I’d always want a Birman in my home.
- Ever since I was a child, I’ve always wanted to live in Florida. Even though I’d never actually been before; it just “called” to me. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon, and I left even more convinced. It was the first time in my life that my body clock naturally let me sleep and wake up at decent hours, and the water did wonders for my skin and hair! So that’s something still on my bucket list. Move to America!
- I’ve only ever had sunburn once in my life. And that was on a cloudy day in Clacton of all places! Yet I’ve been to The Canaries in August, Florida, Dubai and The Bahamas – And not managed to burn once! Go figure.
- My maiden name in Farsi (I’m half-Iranian) means “Hunter”. My son is called Chase, which also means Hunter, and my niece is named Artemis, who is the Goddess of Hunting. So a lot of Hunter references in our family!
So for those who don’t know about the Liebster Award (2016), allow me to explain.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Provide 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Muma on the Edge – Blogging about the fun side of parenting, Muma’s posts tend to leave me with a big stupid grin on my face – In particular her post on “If Fireman Sam was on Tinder…”
Then I Became Mum – Tee was one of my first followers, and for that deserves to be in my list of nominees. She has an amazing skill for cake decorating, and I’m always keeping an eye on her blog for her latest cake photos!
Petite Pudding – Probably the most successful blogger in this list by far, Petite is a published blogger, writing for the likes of Huffington Post. I came across Petite through her linky “EatSleepBlogRT” – Which I fully recommend you check out!
Yet Another Crafter – My only non-parenting blogger in this list. This is my very talented sister Nikki, who blogs about crafting and her pet rats. She’s created quite a few toys and blankets for Chase over the past 18 months, including an AMAZING Captain America blanket!
Two Little Misters – I “met” Gemma at Two Little Misters through my online antenatal group. Her boys were born around the same time as my little man, so I’ve been able to see her boys grow into the adorable little toddlers they are today. Gemma blogs about life as a mum with twins
MY Questions for my nominees…
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is your favourite blog post that you have written?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Marvel or DC?
- If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite place you’ve ever been to?
- Name an item on your bucket list?
- What’s your favourite Disney character?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Cats or Dogs?
I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s responses! 🙂